We at Elliott Baxter recognise that in pursuing our business objectives we have a responsibility to protect and nurture the environment. By exercising proper control over our activities we will promote the use of sustainable resources and discourage wasteful or damaging practices.
The timber used in the manufacture of the pulp which creates the paper we stock comes from sustainable and well-managed forests. The timber is treated as a crop with replanting programmes exceeding the quantity of felled trees.
During November 2008 we were successfully awarded accreditation to ISO 14001. This is an international standard that specifies a process for controlling and improving a company's environmental performance. This certificate is valid for all our sites across the UK.
We have successfully achieved accreditation to FSC® and PEFC in May 2006, and will so far as is reasonably practicable:
- Comply with all relevant environmental laws and regulations both locally and nationally
- Ensure that sub-contractors and suppliers apply equivalent environmental standards
- Make environmental information about the products that we stock available to our customers
- Recycle office waste and defective stocks
- Ensure that employees, suppliers and customers have access to this policy statement
As the UK's leading independent paper merchant, our aim is to combine service excellence with an environmentally friendly approach, setting the standards for best practice in our industry. Our commitment to minimise our impact to the environment demonstrates how seriously we take this issue. The success of this policy, which we will review regularly, relies on everyone being actively involved. We all have a valuable role to play in showing that good environmental policy at work is good business.